Volunteer Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To become a volunteer for the City of Union City you will need the following:

  • A completed volunteer form

  • If you are an adult, you will need to submit a Negative TB test that has been done no longer than six months prior to your first day of volunteering.   You will also need to be finger printed at the Union City Police Department.

  • If you are a Teen, you need your parent to sign your volunteer form before it is returned and processed.

 Download Volunteer Form Here (PDF)

The following volunteer opportunities are available:

  • Spring Egg Hunt

  • 5k and 10k races done by the city.  We normally host 2-3 a year.

  • Summer Carnival

  • Teen Bike Shop

  • Sports Programs during the summer

  • Volunteers at the Senior Center

  • Halloween Carnival at the Holly Center

  • Special Needs Coaches

  • Special Needs Events


We DO NOT accept volunteers for the following things:

  • Court mandated hours

  • Tickets

For these types of volunteer hours you must contact th Public Works Superintendent for the City of Union City at 510-675-5422.


Volunteer forms must be turned in to the 10th street Community Center, located at 33948 10th street, Union City, CA 94587.  They can also be submitted via-email at KennedyCenter@unioncity.org    

Download Volunteer Form Here (PDF)

For more information on how to volunteer, please contact Alma Galvez at 510-675-5329 or you can email KennedyCenter@unioncity.org